This Thanksgiving, while the turkey is roasting and the potatoes are boiling, take a break from all the kitchen prep and enjoy some quality family time with some fun games! From classic board games to new favorites, we’ve got five great games to keep everyone entertained. So gather around the table, break out the snacks, and get ready for some fun!
What is Thanksgiving?
Thanksgiving is a holiday celebrated in the United States and Canada. It is a day to give thanks for all the blessings in our lives. Thanksgiving is usually celebrated with a big family meal. Turkey, stuffing, and pumpkin pie are some of the traditional foods that are served on Thanksgiving.
In recent years, many people have started playing games on Thanksgiving. Games are a great way to add excitement to the holiday and spend time with family and friends. Here are some of the best games to play on Thanksgiving:
1.Turkey Trot: This is a fun game for kids and adults. The object of the game is to race around the house or backyard, catching as many turkey feathers as possible. The person with the most feathers at the end of the game wins!
2.Pumpkin Toss: This is a great game for all ages. The object of the game is to toss a small pumpkin into a larger pumpkin “target”. The person who gets the most points wins!
3.Stuffing Race: This is a hilarious game that is sure to get everyone laughing. The object of the game is to see who can stuff their face with stuffing the fastest! The person who stuffing their face the fastest, wins.
4.Cranberry Relay: This is a fun game for kids and adults. The object of the game is to see who can relay a cranberry across the room the fastest. The person who gets the cranberry across the room the fastest, wins!
5.Turkey Bowling: This is a great game for all ages. The object of the game is to bowl over as many turkey pins as possible. The person with the most turkey pins knocked down at the end of the game wins.
The History of Thanksgiving
The History of Thanksgiving:
The first Thanksgiving was held in 1621, to celebrate the Pilgrim’s successful harvest. The feast lasted three days and was attended by 90 Native Americans and 53 Pilgrims. The menu for the first Thanksgiving feast is unknown, but it is likely that it included wild game, fruits, vegetables, and fish.
Thanksgiving became an annual tradition in the United States in the late 1800s. President Abraham Lincoln declared it a national holiday in 1863. Since then, Thanksgiving has been celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November every year.
Today, Thanksgiving is a day for family and friends to get together and enjoy a delicious meal. Turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie, and cranberry sauce are some of the most popular dishes served on Thanksgiving.
Awesome Games to Play on Thanksgiving
1. Cranium: This game is perfect for thanksgiving because it requires at least four people and can be played with family members of all ages. The game is a trivia game that covers topics like history, pop culture, and science.
2. Uno: This is a classic card game that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. It’s a great game to play with family members on Thanksgiving.
3. Chess: This is a classic board game that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. It’s a great way to spend some time with family members on Thanksgiving while challenging them to a fun and strategic game.
4. Monopoly: This is another classic board game that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Monopoly is a great way to spend some time with family members on Thanksgiving while also teaching them about money management.
5. Scrabble: This is another classic board game that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Scrabble is a great way to spend some time with family members on Thanksgiving while also teaching them about spelling and vocabulary.
5 More Traditional Games
1. The Turkey Bowl – A Thanksgiving Classic!
This game is a great way to get everyone involved in some friendly competition. All you need is a football and a group of people willing to play.
2. Thanksgiving Trivia
Test your knowledge of all things Thanksgiving with this fun game! See who can answer the most questions correctly and be crowned the ultimate turkey expert.
3. Cranberry Toss
Get everyone laughing with this simple yet hilarious game. All you need is a bag of cranberries and two people to play. The goal is to see who can toss the cranberries the farthest without dropping them.
4. Pumpkin Carving Contest
Show off your creative side with this pumpkin carving contest! See who can create the best (or worst) Jack-o-Lantern and have some fun in the process.
5. Turkey Trot
Get everyone up and moving with this mini Turkey Trot race! See who can complete three laps around the block the fastest and burn off some of those Thanksgiving calories.
How to Make Thanksgiving Dinner
Thanksgiving is a time to gather with family and friends and enjoy a delicious meal. If you’re hosting Thanksgiving dinner this year, there are a few things you can do to make the process go smoothly.
First, make a list of all the dishes you plan to prepare. This will help you stay organized and know what needs to be done ahead of time. Make sure to give yourself enough time to prepare all the dishes on your list.
Next, start prepping for the meal a few days in advance. This will help reduce the amount of work you have to do on Thanksgiving day. You can cook some dishes ahead of time and store them in the fridge, or make sure all the ingredients for each dish are ready to go.
Finally, on Thanksgiving day, focus on enjoying the company of your family and friends. Don’t stress about everything being perfect. Remember that the most important thing is spending time with the people you love.
The Best Thanksgiving Recipes
Here are some of the best Thanksgiving recipes to try this year:
1. Roasted turkey – This classic Thanksgiving dish is always a hit. Roasting the turkey gives it a delicious, crispy skin.
2. Mashed potatoes – Mashed potatoes are a must-have side dish on Thanksgiving. They are creamy and comforting, and go great with the roasted turkey.
3. Green beans – Green beans are a healthy and flavorful addition to the Thanksgiving table. They can be served plain or with a flavorful sauce.
4. Cranberry sauce – Cranberry sauce is a tart and sweet addition to the meal. It is perfect for pairing with the roasted turkey.
5. Pumpkin pie – Pumpkin pie is a classic dessert for Thanksgiving. It is rich and flavorful, and sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Whether you’re looking for something to keep the kids entertained or you want to try your hand at something new, these five games are all great options for Thanksgiving fun. From classics like charades to more modern favorites like Cards Against Humanity, there’s sure to be something here that everyone will enjoy. So gather up your family and friends, break out the turkey and stuffing, and get ready for some Thanksgiving gaming fun.